Tuesday 6 August 2013

Day 11,
Today we spent in Milwaukee the birthplace of Harley Davidson. I spent most of the day at the Harley Museum. A fantastic museum that is very well done. It took me about 4 hours to go through it and then I thought I would go off and visit one of the local dealers. Also very impressive and nothing like you will see in Australia. So much bigger and much more professional. Whist at the dealership I happened upon a close out sale and bought a New Harley Leather Jacket for $270 as it was marked down 40%. This will replace my current one which is 20 years old as it appears to have shrunk since I last wore it last year. Linda didn't join me as she stayed in bed to rest. She is still trying to shake her Bronchitis. This afternoon we spent at the laundromat doing a weeks washing. This on its own was an experience as the laundromat was huge, something you don't see that much in Australia these days.
Harley Davidson Museum Milwaukee

No. 1 The bike that started it all.

Bronze Sculpture in front of the Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment